Here are some of the more popular suggestions for how to prepare abalone. The recipes are for the preparation of fresh, frozen or par boiled abalone.
ABALONE MINCE RECIPE
- Heat a pan and add butter
- Once butter is melted add garlic and mushrooms
- Add abalone and juice from the can and stir through
- Add lemon juice, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Stir through
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream
- Serve on Basmati or fragrant white rice
Braised Abagold pouch abalone
A delicious traditional Hong Kong braised abalone recipe.
- Braised Abagold abalone flexi-pack – contains the sauce as well.
- Heat in boiling water.
- Open and serve with your favourite steamed vegetable.
Canned Abalone on Couscous
A divine canned abalone recipe.
- Steam abalone in can for 20 minutes.
- Open can and drain juice into a medium saucepan.
- Add 150g Couscous when it starts boiling.
- Switch off and stir with a fork.
- Serve abalone on Couscous and enjoy!
This sashimi abalone recipe is the perfect dish with fresh Abagold abalone.
- Shuck and clean the live Abagold abalone with a small brush under running water.
- Slice and blanch for 5 seconds in 80°C + water.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.